Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It's a Beautiful Day

I'm sitting here in our office, listening as our directors play reveille to awake our campers. A different perspective to reveille for me, as I have never been in the office as it was happening. In past summers, I have had my littlest daughter living with me, and my babysitter would come to pick her up about 1/2 hour after reveille.

Now, she's a big girl (though still a little peanut) and she is living in a bunk with other children.

Although I have prepared her for this new adventure as much as I possibly could, I remained nervous and concerned. She is only 6 years old, how is she going to cope without me????

Well the good news is, she is coping JUST FINE!!!

Though she's old enough for a bunk, she's still the smallest one in there, and her bunk -mates can't get enough of her. She's happy, smiling, silly and, although I am dying to brush her hair and put it in a proper pony-tail, she looks clean.

Yesterday I spied the group fighting over her, trying to pick her up. A couple girls took turns, and the next thing I knew, she turned the tables on her new friends, and attempted to pick them up.

My fingers will remain crossed that this is a positive experience for her, but so far, so good. I couldn't have hoped for anything better.
Here she is (on the left, with the belly suit) with her new friends!!!

1 comment:

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Addie is all grown up. When do u think the first melt down will happen? I miss you guys way to much.