Sunday, June 10, 2007

12 things to do


Wendi just "tagged" me to write a list of stuff I want to accomplish this summer. I think it was supposed to be just 12 things, but I think I went over my initial allotment. Oh well, sue me.

Since my summer is spent working as Art Director at an overnight camp, while my kids live in bunks (and by the way have the time of their lives), this is a very "campified" list of things to do.

1. Eat healthy, as much as possible since I'm being fed camp food. Veggie Burgers and Salad bar always get a little tiresome after a week or two, but I want my cholesterol to stay in check.

2. Color my hair as soon as the roots begin to bug me, instead of procrastinating for a few weeks until I absolutley don't want to be seen in public.

3. Exfoliate, moisturize, use my facial peel, self-tan, remember to take vitamins, spend time taking care of my body and try to feel good about myself.

4. Call my mother, father and my sister more often.

5. Keep my clip-board organized. Work on my weekly staff review forms everyday, instead of waiting for the end of the week.

6. Allow my staff the opportunity to improve their skills, and be comfortable delegating tasks to them. Let go of the idea that I have to handle everything.

7. Figure out how to properly run a "tie-dye" day for 450 people. (This is my 5th year doing this, and it still isn't easy.)

8. Stay hydrated.

9. Write letters to my children (even though I see them everyday, they would probably like to receive mail from mom.)

10. Get to know first names of every counselor in camp. I have a very hard time remembering everyone. But I will make more of an effort this summer.

11. Exercise, take walks everyday.

12. Find one camper in each class I teach and recognize them for something special that they did. Always keep in mind, that it is the quiet ones, who don't make trouble, and just go with the program that sometimes "fall through the cracks" when it comes to special attention.

13. Don't complain, just go with the flow. Stay flexible when surprise issues come up. Cut out gossip and negativity.

14. Take more pictures and videos. Organize, edit and back up pictures and videos on dvd.

15. Set a good example for my children.

16. Have some special time with my husband, 'cause I miss him all summer.

17. Schedule a family vacation for when we get home.

2 comments:

Email Marketing Yenta said...

I especially like #4. Now the secret to all of this list making is that you put it out into the Universe...or at least the blog-world, now you have to do it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,

I don't know what I'm doing in this blog world but being anal, I like your things to do list. I miss you too and look forward to our upcoming weekend. Accomplish your goals. We're all proud of you and all you're doing for the whole family, and for yourself.

Love...Gregg