Thursday, June 28, 2007

Digging through the Poo

Camp is an experience that, unless you've been through it, is hard to understand. I spent the day yesterday in my craft storage closet, reorganizing. Admittedly, this is one of my favorite things to do. Just knowing that all the scissors are together, the glitter is consolidated and the construction paper is in tidy piles, is extremely satisfying.

Of course, this closet, after a winter of vacancy, has been the cozy home to a few critters. (No raccoons!) I came upon nests, and poo and all sorts of stuff that I'm not interested in recounting (besides the fact that I don't think I can identify). In addition, when the temperature outside, is an uncomfortable and humid 94, the temperature inside is like my oven at home when I'm roasting a brisket.

This sounds like very unpleasant work, but I have to tell you, its not. I feel accomplished and satisfied. And when I see the happy faces of my children, enjoying their summer, making friends, and growing up; I know it is the best job in the world.

P.S. Mom and Wendi....we are all doing GREAT!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are doing well, but that doesn't mean we don't miss you like crazy!!

xoxox Mommy

Have the girls mentioned getting my mail??

Daniella said...

Glad things are going well - Enjoy every minute!!

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Miss you and thrilled all is going well. I love looking at the photos on the camp website. Did u get my message about meeting lauren's aunt ruth who is adopting her baby from china too? Too small of a world. Syd's myspace was deleted! or was it? it's missing...call me!
Love, W

LJC said...

so funny, I was trying to hook you two up, and it happened naturally!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey...it's your husband. I finally made my way to your blog and of course, the first story was about poop! On that topic, I still have to address the attic. Oy vey! Keep the stories coming.

XO Gregg