Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Verdict: Don't Hate Me Because I'm INSANE


Well, except for only a couple of my loyal fans, (Okay, there are about 8 of you, but whatever...) the PINK dress was the ONE. I put it on yesterday, and frankly, I felt like a watermelon ready to take a stroll on the red carpet. So guess what...I RETURNED IT!!!


So any whoo, my sister doesn't' think we should be COMPLETELY dressed up, (I guess I shouldn't look like I'm trying too hard, even though I'm having major anxiety over this), so I opted for a "Casual Elegance" look, with high heels (of course...this is sex and the city). I feel far more comfortable, and like I'm not trying to be something I am not, and anyway...I'm pretty sure most eyes are not going to be on me. Actually, I'm positive about that.


And I saw a promo on the E! Channel, that their going to have "LIVE from THE RED CARPET: Sex and The City" on Tuesday evening. So thanks to my girl Alison, she's going to DVR it for my viewing pleasure.


So the bottom line...take notice in the above picture, not of the four stylish fashionista's glowing with anticipation, but of the woman to the left with the black dress and boots. Appreciate her, because unlike the women in the spotlight, she did not have stylists picking out her clothes, she is larger than a size 4, fashion designers weren't begging her to pick their outfit, and Harry Winston wasn't lending her diamond necklaces. She probably picked out that outfit herself and (in my own mind)she, too had a little bit of angst...

Now, I just have to deal with my nails, my eyebrows, shave my legs, get a healthy tan...figure out accessories....oy...I may not make it alive!

6 comments:

Susan said...

The sexiest thing you can wear is whatever makes you feel good, girlie!

Susan said...

PS> If you decide you can't handle all this stress...I can!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Just a reminder to Lori and Wendi... if the premiere you are seeing is indeed Tuesday night... PLEASE do not update your blogs with any information on what happens in the movie... OR, warn readers with a "SPOILER ALERT" so that we are sure to stop reading.

Now, in regards to your dress - I think Susan had the best words of wisdom... whatever makes you feel good is what you should wear.

Best,
Anonnie

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Perfecto...and no worries...there will be no telling here about what happens in the movie...soooo excited!!!

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Perfecto...and no worries...there will be no telling here about what happens in the movie...soooo excited!!!

LJC said...

Poor Anonnie! Trust me, I would never spoil the movie...ever ever ever!!!

I will however, provide a detailed "behind the velvet rope" review!!!

xoxo