Friday, May 16, 2008

48 reasons I love my Husband


I know I'm a little saccharine-y sweet, but I really love my husband, and since it's his birthday, I need to tell you why.
1. He puts up with me.
2. He has a great sense of humor.
3. He's very prompt.
4. He makes me feel secure.
5. He taught me how to do laundry. I guess, that's cause he didn't want to do it anymore.
6. But he still helps me with the laundry.
7. He's my rock.
8. He still loves me, even when I do really stupid things.
9. He always has a movie line handy, perfect for any occasion.
10. He never apologizes for anything, and even though that's a little frustrating, at least he's predictable.
11. He eats my cooking, and appreciates it, but if I don't feel like cooking, he loves to go out to eat!
12. He has passion for the things he loves, family, sports, music, golf...
13. He is loyal to everyone.
14. He taught me what it means to be a considerate person.
15. He writes me love notes on my birthday.
16. He is respectful to my parents and extended family.
17. He has the cutest Grandmom ever.
18. He's very sentimental, and saves every card, note letter he gets.
19. His car is spotlessly clean.
20. He takes care of himself. He eats right, excercises, takes enough vitamins to stock a GNC.
21. No offense to any other 48 year old man, but, really, he is the cutest 48 year old man EVER! Like, when we're in a room filled with people, and I see the most handsome man in the room, I double take when I realize, it's Gregg.
22. He's a great dad to girls. He'll car-pool, he'll coach, he'll listen, he'll yell, he'll love them forever.
23. He picks up the dog poop in the back yard.
24. He can yenta with the best of 'em.
25. He just paid a small fortune for a big party for his Jewish children.
26. He never forgets a name.
27. He talks baby talk to the dogs.
28. He lets me go to camp in the summer.
29. He let me be a stay at home mom, even when we couldn't really afford it.
30. He's a neat freak, and somehow puts up with my sloppiness.
31. He's the nicest guy in the world.
32. He never misses an opportunity to eat dessert, yet he remains slim and fit.
33. He is sports obsessed.
34. He actually gives a shit about things that many men don't. Like picking out furniture, paint, china patterns, decor.
35. And he's perfectly comfortable with that.
36. He adores his children.
37. He'll do car-pool duty and never complain.
38. When I'm sick, he brings me breakfast in bed.
39. He's an excellent driver. Like really good.
40. He knows how to do stuff, stuff I could never figure out.
41. He can speak Yiddish with ease.
42. He taught me not to waste my energy on worry and things that I cannot control.
43. He notices the small details in life, and makes sure to appreciate them.
44. He's the best friend I've ever had.
45. He's a good son.
46. He's really good at just enjoying life.
47. He's not obnoxious. Usually.
48. He's not interested in birthday presents, or parties or making a big deal about his birthday. But, I want him to know that his birthday IS a big deal, because it gives me the chance to let him know how much I adore him, and how grateful I am that he is my guy.

Happy Birthday Gregg, thanks for finding me 19 years ago, and giving me a life that feels like heaven on earth.

2 comments:

Daniella said...

Happy Birthday to your hubs! Great list.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to Da Bro