Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Part Three - Sex and the City - Celebrity Encounters

My REVIEW: The movie did not disappoint. I will not give anything away. We enjoyed it and if you were a fan of the show, it is a MUST SEE. That's my whole review.

After the movie ended, I kind of expected everyone to stay seated and cheer during the credits. But everyone just got up and got out of there. I was really disappointed, because I am an habitual credit reader. I like to know just who the gaffer was,the best boy, the make-up artists etc.

Nevertheless, we stayed for most of the credits to cheer for our friend's daughter's name, who was the connection who scored us the tickets.

As we left the theater and entered the lobby, I spotted a odd short person, with spikey hair and dark rimmed eyeglasses...none other than the winning contestant on my favorite show, Project Runway... Christian!!! He was "fierce"! (Amber Grundman...I was thinking of you!!!)







We left, thinking that was the last of the celebs, but my celebrity eye was still working and I turned to see .... Jerry Seinfeld!! (That's his wife Jessica in the white jacket next to him....the blonde in the black dress was simply a stalker, whose husband was taking her picture with him ...see the camera on the right)

Wendi said right after this photo was taken, Jerry looked directly at me, with a very cranky angry look. So apparently, I have somehow pissed Jerry Seinfeld. Sorry, Jerry .

Finally, we turn to see a member of the SATC cast, who happens to be an old acquaintance of my sister's, Mario Cantone. Though we weren't sure whether or not he would recognize her, since they haven't seen eachother in several years, he calmly looked up at my sister and said, "Oh, Hi Wendi!"....he kissed and hugged us both, and we congratulated him on a job well done.

So that's it! We had a little elbow rubbing with celebrities. We saw a red carpet from a close proximity. We sat in the same room as, Donald Trump, Mary J. Blige, Bette Midler, Jennifer Garner, the cast of SATC, Mary Kate (or was it Ashley) Olsen, Caroline Rhea, Regis, Jennifer Hudson, Idina Menzel and a bunch of others, we saw a great movie, a lot of beautiful people, got free popcorn and the best part was sharing all the anticipation and silliness with my beautiful, wonderul sister....THANKS WENDI!!! I LOVE YOU...

3 comments:

KJ said...

I love your 3 part post with all the details. Although I am very jelly still - I enjoyed hearing it and pretending I was living it w you guys! SO fun and you both look gorgeous!!! so glad you got to experience such a great way to see the movie. I am going on Saturday w my best girlfriend out in SF. Wont be the same -- but will post our experience!!!

Anonymous said...

I am fully entertained. Thank you Lori - and I must say - you and Wendi looked terriric. Who needs that Annie Sez minimizer! I will touch base with you guys after Friday night when I see the show for myself, sans the celebrity lineup. Thanks for not giving anything away on the plot... xxoo Anonnie

Amber said...

I CANNOT believe you saw Christian!! AND got a photo!!! That is amazing! It's almost as exciting as seeing the 4 stars of the movie! I would have been totally disappointed if you did not have photographic proof! Good job! Sounds like you had a great time! I'm totally jealous! What a once in a lifetime opportunity! I'm glad you took full advantage of it.