Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Part ONE -And We're Back....My Night at the Sex and the City Premiere!!

(I'm publishing this in several parts, because uploading pictures onto blogger is a pain in the tuchus (tookis, tuooochoos?) Anyway, this is part ONE, the next part is close behind!


We made it, and it's almost surreal...but we had a wonderful time. We sat two seats away from Ashley Olsen, got pictures taken with Regis Philbin and Bette Midler, we went to the after-party at Momo and our feet barely survived....okay, I'm JOKING. We actually didn't get to do any of those things, but...my sister Wendi and I were at the NY Premiere of Sex and the City, and this is the lowdown of our little visit into a different world.

1. OUR OUTFITS - Like proper sisters, I showed up at her house with my outfit...and our shirts were VERY similar!! How funny is that! I had a pretty substantial fashion emergency when the minimizer strapless bra I purchased at ANNIE SEZ did not have the security device removed. I was afraid if I wore it, I'd set off the metal detectors, so I had to wear my normal bra with the straps tucked in. Therefore, I was FAR more boob-a-licious than I should have been, but oh well, no one was looking at me anyway!!!


2. Other people's outfits: Most of the people there were wearing cocktail attire, which was really something to see...but the most incredible accessory of all were the shoes. I have never seen more high heels IN MY LIFE.


3. FLEET WEEK - If you are a fan of the show, you remember the episode about Fleet Week in New York City. How exciting...this IS Fleet Week and here are a couple of sailors we found!

4 To the right is a picture of Radio City Music Hall. The premiere took place here, this is the view of the main entrance, at 51st and ...I don't know. Since our tix were "Will Call", we had to pick up our tickets at the will call window.












5. Our New Friends - We made friends with two lovely southern belles, who were the sisters of the assistant costume designer... We were first in line, they were second. We also made friends with the security personnel who were very kind to us, and made sure we kept our first in line status!





Here are the "little people" who couldn't get behind the velvet ropes like we could. (We were so special for 5 minutes.)

No comments: