Friday, February 29, 2008

Home Stretch

We are officially in the home stretch of planning for the big day. So much has been accomplished. Still quite a bit to do. I decided to make my final to do list on my blog, since I keep losing the random scraps of paper I've been writing on.

I do need some advice, so please (Susan, this means you) chime in anytime.

1. Call Caterer and order food for the "after" party (at my house) done! wraps,salad, sicilian pizza and blondies
-----try to figure out what exactly to order for 18 teens plus family
Get breakfast food for Sunday morning for 18 teens forget it dunkin donuts
2. Print service program gregg's problem!
3. Decide which font to us on the place cards. DONE!!!
4. Print out place cards. DONE!
5. Finalize table chart and seating chart. Do I put Gregg's mom's side next to the speakers or my cousin Frank's table next to the speakers. I don't want to insult anyone. DONE!!
6. Finish creating big giant table map for the entrance to ballroom done!
7. Get a lot of checks together
8. Make copies of all speeches, dvd, readings and contracts. Put them in a binder to bring to temple done!
9. Clean out the basement for 18 teens to sleep over in ALMOST DONE!
10. Buy paper goods for "after" party done!
11. Drop off gift bags to out of towners
12. Make mani-pedi appt for Aunt Wendi done!
13. Make hair appt. for Aunt Wendi done!
14. Get hair coloreed (appt is scheduled) done!
15. Get hair cut done!!
16. Pick up earrings from bank vault
17. Make reservations for Friday night din-din DONE!!!
18. Pick up Hayley's sports physical (not for bat mitzvah, but its due on Tuesday) done!
19. Make appointment for dogs to stay in kennel for the weekend done!
20. Get a birthday cake for my sister in laws b-day done!
21. Get a present for my sister in law's b-day
22. Take Hayley's dress to tailor to add straps (she changed her mind, mom) DONE!!
23. Finish writing famous song with Auntie Wendi almost done!
24. Buy tights for Addie done!
25. Email Rabbi, go over details of Addison's hebrew name for Friday Night Service done!
26. Buy Addie a little gift for her hebrew naming ceremony on Friday night done!
27. Get a new pair of reading glasses that won't look so obvious on me done!
28. Finish writing my speech done! - will publish this on blog next week :)
29. Burn dvd montage done!
30. Call bus company to make sure buses will show up at Temple on time done!
31. Take final table plans over to caterer.
32. Take final payment over to caterer done!
33. Ask mom if I can borrow necklace. Mom, can I borrow that necklace? done! thanks mom
34. Call invitation lady to order thank yous. done!
35. Make donation to synagogue in honor of the girls done!
36. Meet with mitzvah program coordinator to make sure the girls are good to go done!
37. e-mail friends and relatives who are doing a reading to remind them to come early, and to stand up and face the congregation when reading (irisa, consider this your reminder) done!
38. Take all decor over to caterer
39. Call balloon guy and give him final count
40. Buy some house plants. (we need some)
41. Make sure cleaning lady shows up on thursday she did...it's very clean
42. Meet with Rabbi on Wednesday for runthrough. Bring shoes for girls to walk in. done! forgot the shoes, whoops
43. Call hotel to finalize which out-of-towners are staying there.
44. Pick up Gregg's suit from cleaner done!
NEW STUFF
45. Rework tables a little, since we had a late no. Does any blogger friend want to join us, so they can sit at the Matisyahu table? (I'm not really kidding:)done!
46. Pick up Hayley's dress at dressmaker, now that they are putting on straps. done!
47. Finish cleaning basment done!
49. Go out to dinner with the family tonight. done!
50. Make appointment with Thyroid doctor (okay mom??) done!

New: 51 - Rework montage, because the music is too loud, as per videographer - done!!!
52 - Score place-cards -delegated! (to gregg!)
53 - Give final appoval to party favor lady done!
54 - Take Roxy to vet, so her rabies is updated, so she can stay in kennel done!
55 - Get the girls to finish their candlelighting poems done!

More -
56. - Meet with Mitzvah program coordinator to finalize the girls mitzvot done done done~!!
A few more:
57.Organize the house so that we are good to go on Friday done!
58.Get my mani-pedi
59.Gather all outfits, and then put them together, so everyone can find them
60.Pack moisturizer and an extra set of contacts for syd

MORE
61. Make earplug packs for guests. done!
62.
Pack craft bag to take to the caterer to fix up centerpieces just in case done!

Did I forget anything? I'm sure I did. Seriously, I didn't expect this list to be sooo long. In fact, I think I just had a little nervous breakdown.

xoxo

7 comments:

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Seriously, there are a few things that can come off the list..
1. don't worry about numbers 12-13, please I can take care of that myself....don't worry

2, what do u need me too.
3, at this point I believe your s-in-law will understand about a cake and a gift. I am sure she will
4 Greg can go to cleaners himself
5.Joe and I will help you brng decor over on Friday
6. You don't need house plants, there will be 18 kdis there, no one will notice
7. Serve Pizza and Salad on Saturday nite
8. Bagels and cereal on Sunday
9.Combine numbers 31 and 32
10. When you do number 36, you can do number 35
Much of this will take a few minutes to do so you can very quickly go through it
11. You have now officially stressed out your mother

LJC said...

1. no big deal, 12 and 13 take 2 seconds
2. what do you think about hoagie and salad, not pizza...we're having a ton of people
3. but I want plants
4.heidi is going to help with decor nbd
5. gut ta nu
6. i love you
7. sorry mom

Email Marketing Yenta said...

1. turkey hoagie! yes!
2. Gut ta nu
3. Song is done
4. She is still stressed.

Anonymous said...

heyy mom
its your favorite daughter SYDD (jk, you dont pick favs :])
dont stresss.
and the breakdown isnt nessacary.
no matter what happens, its all gonna be fine.
LOVE YOU.

ps, Grandmom dont worry, either!

gut gut gut

LJC said...

It's official, I must be the best mom in the world. How else could I have ended up with such amazing daughter???

Anonymous said...

Hi. Out of all the things on here, you need to call your thryoid doctor.

Susan said...

I love Sydney's comment...you've got the best girls!

That said...holy crap! My internet's down for 2 days and you've got 3/4 of the list crossed off?? I despise you and your kind. :-)

Hugs to S&H and best wishes for their Big Day!!!!!!

xoxo