Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lesson's from a Broken Toe

I believe everything unfortunate (albeit kind of funny) happens in order to teach us a lesson. Now that 4 days have passed since the INCIDENT, I feel I have already learned a few lessons.

In no particular order, here they are:

1. When you break a toe, even though it is a real bone, there are some people who aren't going to be able to keep themselves from laughing at you.
2. Crutches stink, however, they are more effective than a gym membership, based on the full body work-out you get merely by hobbling to the bathroom.
3. Even though I thought I had the world's ugliest feet (yes, Fred Flintstone ones), I apparently have very nice feet. This I learned from what I consider to be an expert in the field of feet, my new podiatrist. He actually seemed sincere about this.
4. There are not enough places in the world, (ok, southern new jersey) that are handicapped accessible. Particularly, my podiatrist's office, which was a bear to handle.
5. I now understand why handicapped bathrooms and showers have long handlebars on the walls.
6. It takes 6 weeks (on average) for a broken toe to heal. This brings me to the big lesson that I haven't yet learned...(HELP)!!!!

HOW AM I GOING TO LOOK GLAM ON THE BAT MITZVAH???? IT ISN'T POSSIBLE...CAUSE NOW I DON'T LOOK AS MUCH FRED FLINTSTONE AS I DO FRANKENSTEIN...

MY DRESS IS KNEE LENGTH, THERE'S NO HIDING IT...I am rather inspired by these red carpet photos...do you think I should rock the high heel /walking boot or should I get a pair of flats and have both legs look ugly. I think I'm leaning toward the high heal/slash walking boot...hell, if Rihanna can do it, and George Clooney's girlfriend, I certainly can!!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I say, take a tip from Clooney's gal-pal (who, incidentally, would never have been on crutches on the first place had I more thoroughly stalked Georgie when he was filming on the UWS, just the day before the accident!)...

Use crutches so your heel heights don't have to match, and you can go sky-high sexy on the good foot! (Heels without crutches are a bad idea, as the uneven gait might detract from your goddess-like aura, and we can't have that) :-)

Email Marketing Yenta said...

I may have to agree with Susan...you'll feel sexier having that heel on....and won't have to look for other shoes...u can always do both ...so you can dance.
This is Hayley's fault..not sure why, but it sounded good.

KJ said...

i agree w the above ... but i think you should drink wine and then drop the crutches, drop the other shoe, bring some socks and dance. you have to dance ... and i think the socks are a great way to do that. hopefully no one steps on the toe though. when i went to all my bat and bar mitzahs we always bought socks. granted that was 18 years ago ... UGH... 18 YEARS AGO. but still - I think its still cool.