Monday, May 21, 2007

Exhausted


Sometimes I get on myself for being lazy. As soon as I take a few minutes of "me" time, I feel the guilt slithering in like a snake about to strangle its prey. But today, I'm physically and mentally spent. As a mom, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, we don't get a lot of time to just "chill". In the past week, I have:

  • Hosted a party for 20 people
  • Given 8 people birthday gifts
  • 4 people mothers day gifts
  • Eaten a lot of birthday cake
  • Been a hairstylist (i'm a genious with a flat iron)
  • Many loads of laundry (but never enough)
  • been to the supermarket 4 times
  • had a dead raccoon removed from the closet
  • celebrated 3 birthday dinners
  • dealt with 4 teenage melt-downs
  • picked up and dropped off at 8 times at our synagogue
  • conference call with the Cantor regarding Bat Mitzvah
  • had lots quality time with my family
  • did graphic design for stickers and t-shirts related to my business
  • cried twice
  • found one of my missing Crocs,(thanks to one daughter who cleaned up but throwing it in the bottom of a bag in the bottom of a never used closet)but can't find the other
  • Spent 4 hours out of state to picking up leftovers from a recent Camp Snuggly Event
  • Spent 14 hours on Saturday working at another Camp Snuggly Event
  • Participated in a hebrew school program with my oldest
  • Had about 12 kids visiting my yard, now that the Trampoline is in place
  • Had countless other children hanging out at the house
  • Made 6 jugs of lemonade in one day
  • Accompanied one daughter to Storybook Land
  • Bathed someone else's child
  • Had 2 guidance counselor conferences
  • Prepared and cleaned up dinner and desert for 9 girls ages 5 to 13
  • Refereed 7 fights
  • Started my blog!

Well, I know its not earth shattering. But every once in a while, I need to remind myself that I'm not a slacker. So if no one else is going to pat me on the back, I am going to take this opportunity to do so.

Good for me. And good for every mom. (Waiting mommy's too!)

1 comment:

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Look how much you have done! It's really good to remind yourself...hell, u ain't no slacker! You are hard working working mom! Making things happen over and over again! I love you.
Excuse me you didnt' mention that you filmed some insane woman doing the bump at an M&M's store!