Thursday, August 16, 2007

What I Did This Summer


Actually, this is what I did the last week of camp. We had our annual banquet, and this year's theme was "Grease". Over the years that I have been at camp the banquet has morphed into a huge undertaking. My staff and I spend the last week of camp making decorations, centerpieces and preparing for this one special night.

This year was amazing. We had a great presentation, that I think the campers just loved. My wonderfully beautiful and talented staff performed a dance to "We Go Together", in costumes they made themselves. Our decorations and centerpieces were fantastic,but I must admit, I'm most proud of a little movie This is one of our centerpieces (we made 35 total) that I worked on with my friend Caryl.
The "milkshake" is NOT real...how cool is that?



we put together, a parody of Grease, starring many of our upper staff members in key roles.

I must say, that when I began this endeavor, I was so nervous that I wouldn't get cooperation from those I recruited to participate. After all, everyone is so busy at camp, and moments of frivolity are hard to come by. I must admit I felt rather presumptuous expecting people to step out of their routine, not to mention their comfort zone. I couldn't have been more wrong. Every one was so enthusiastic and excited by this project.

I was doubly blessed by having our camp Program Coordinator take over most of the editing of the movie. Thank heavens, because the editing of this movie is SPECTACULAR!!!

Anyway, I'm so excited to share the youtube link with you, please check it out. I'm so proud of this!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

award winnning!