Monday, August 27, 2007

On the subject of Vacation


While I'm thinking about vacation, I thought I'd post a memory of a vacation my family and I took in what I believe was about 1974. I was 10, Wendi would be 13 (?), and we went to Lancaster County, PA. The Amish farmhouse we visited was memorable...probably because of this photo.

Anyway, I think my dad was first becoming interested in photography when this photo was taken. I remember feeling very fashionable in my halter and bandana. Dig the belly fat, especially. Wendi was not pointing at anything in particular, just pointing, to make the picture more interesting. I think Wendi is wearing shorts under that t-shirt (at least I hope she is), and I'm not sure why I needed a pocketbook at that age.

Oh my, I loved my big sister, and felt so cool and grown up to be hanging with her. Here are my two oldest girls taken 2 days ago. Will they look back on this picture 3o(plus) years from now and think how funny it is? Probably. But aren't they lucky to have the memory of special time with a sister. Just like me.

5 comments:

Email Marketing Yenta said...

You bitch...I'm crying. I was really UUUUGLY....and kinda of chubby...you however were delish!

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Where the hell did u get that photo?

Daniella said...

I LOVE this post - great pictures. Makes me miss my sis so much. Me and my sister are best friends and I miss having her close but we make up for it with talking on the phone :)
Oh and Wendi you look marvelous in that photo!!!! You both do and your girls are beautiful and they will cherish that photo!

LJC said...

daddy must have sent this photo to me, and i've been managing a lot of my photos while on vaca. I came across it, and it just hit me.

btw, wendi,that was the summer right after your bat mitzvah. i can tell because of my hair.

i think that's when we picked you up from a friends house because you were homesick...does that sound right?

daniella, you are so cute, thanks so much for the nice words.

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Thanks sweet Daniella...sisters are the bestest!

Dashish, I think I was a bit older...my hair is post Paul Price debacle...I can tell by the way it was growing in..awful.