Tuesday, August 5, 2008

R and R and Counting

I'm home for my second set of "off" days. It has been an extraordinarily busy yet extremely exhilarating summer. We are currently working on our end of season Banquet, and this is my biggest project of the summer. I get to choose a theme, and then work that theme into every element of the banquet. Last year, we produced a movie short, based on Grease, and presented it to our campers. This year, with The Wizard of Oz as the theme, we are once again producing a little movie. To narrow a 2 hour movie into a 8 minute presentation, is a challenge, to say the least, but I'm confident that it will be a successful and memorable endeavor. The best part is the challenge. I love dipping into a project that I'm not exactly sure how to do. Eventually we figure it out, and then, I've learned something new.

I am learning something about myself as well. I NEED opportunities to learn and grow. And sometimes, at home, with the day to day STUFF, I just get caught up in a tangle of errands and chores. Of course, the number one priority is the well being of my children, and of course the health of my marriage. But after 15 years of this, I need to add these opportunities to my "to-do" list.

Every year, at the conclusion of camp, I come home, newly rejuvenated. This year, I'm pretty sure looking for a little job (one that I can do 10 months a year) is part of my plan. Eeeeek. I'm so scared. I'm mean I'M REALLY scared. Am I good enough, smart enough, experienced enough, valuable enough? I know the answer, but jumping in is TERRIFYING.

Any-whooooo...the girls are great. The hubby's great. The weather's hot. The days go quickly. I'll be home soooooo soon.

Hope your summer has been great!

xoxo

2 comments:

Email Marketing Yenta said...

You are good enough...smart enough...experience enough...and way way way valuable! I just hired her folks :)

Anonymous said...

Of course you are all of those things....and more. I love reading your blog, it makes me feel so inferior as a person to you!!! I can't wait until you get home and finish up the laundry and do the food shopping and put me on your list of things to do so we can get together and kibbutz about all that has gone on and what our high school bound children are doing to make us crazy.

Love you and cant wait to see you.
Have fun!!!
Lisa