Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Shish...this is what I love about Wendi.

1. She is the best audience in the world. She can find the humor in anything, and then laughs out loud to show her appreciation.
2. She has a challenging career, accomplishes incredible things, but never toots her own horn, complains or seems overwhelmed.
3. She really is the nicer one.
4. She turns her friends into family.
5. She turns her family into friends.
6. She's willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money, so Addison can have an American Girl doll, that I would Never buy for her.
7. She talks to strangers. Anyone who catches her attention. She wants to know everything about people, and somehow people respond to her. And heaven forbid you have a Chinese baby...she will make you feel like her new best friend.
8. She chose a husband who puts up with our family, and our family nutsiness.
9. Going to her house feels like going on vacation.
10. When she comes to my house, she's willing to share a single bed with Addison, and somehow or other sleeps through the night.
11. Even though she comes to visit on a Friday, and insists she must leave on Saturday, we can usually convince her to stay til Sunday.
12. When she pigs-out, she really pigs-out.
13. But usually she counts each and every calorie.
14. She is so obsessed with my children, that she created her own my space page so she can keep track of them.
15. She's the oldest person on My space.
16. She likes showtunes.
17. A psychic once told me that in a past life we were both men and we were best friends. We loved each other so much, we decided to come back as sisters.
18. I think most people envy the relationship that we have.
19. Whenever we sit down to dinner, whether it's 5:00pm or 7:35pm, the phone rings and it is ALWAYS my sister.
20. She really misses us when we go away to camp. She would really prefer that we don't go at all.
21. But she still visits every visiting day.
22. When I was hospitalized 11 years ago, she spent the week at our house helping with the kids, and I think she even shared the bed with Gregg, which would be weird, but cause it's Wendi, it's not weird at all.
23. She will drive to our house at a moments notice if there is an emergency.
24. Like I said, she really is the nicer one.
25. We can have the worst fight in the world, yet the minute we look at eachother, we can't contain ourselves from laughing.
26. Oy and a gut - a
27. She is the most loving and affectionate person I know.
28. She puts up with my bullshit.
29. She really thinks she's still going to adore her dog just as much after the baby gets here.
30. She doesn't even realize that after the baby gets here, the dog will be the biggest pain in the butt in her life.
31. But let's not tell her, and spoil the surprise.
32. She has the coolest friends.
33. She was always protective of me when we were little, and all I knew how to do was cry.
34. Pretend you're asleep. (she'll get that)
35. She took the girls and me to Disneyworld in 1998, just because she felt like it. And when Hayley cried and wouldn't go on any of the rides, she stayed back with her while Sydney and I did everything together.
36. She's a good coach.
37. She has the best and biggest heart of anyone that i have ever known.
38. She is showing grace in her patience while she awaits the long overdue arrival of her little girl.
39. She is a loving, and very cool step-mum.
40. She turned 47 today, and she is so old, but she looks young so it doesn't matter.
Happy Birthday my Shish.

9 comments:

Email Marketing Yenta said...

THANK YOU...I love this so much....

Email Marketing Yenta said...

Yes I slept with your husband.

KJ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WENDI!!!!! Lori - this is so nice, but all so very very ture. Esp #4 and #32. :)
xoxoo

Susan said...

Awwwwwww.....

BTW, yep, my dog is an especially enormous pain in the butt now that baby's home, but I still adore her to pieces!

Also, that thing about you two being guy friends in the past is pretty cool, although picturing either of you with lots of body hair is just disturbing. :-)

HBD, Wendi!!!

Jocelyn said...

I love this list!! You are such a nice sister (but I love mine just as much so I get it:-)

Susan said...

Whoops, I forgot to say...what an awesome list, and how insanely sweet of you to put it together! (Are you SURE Wendi's the nicer one??)

Anonymous said...

If you sleep with greg when can I sleep with lori?

Anonymous said...

This is Gregg, and there are a couple things on the list that Lori forgot:

1. One great thing about Wendi is, she doesn't snore much, but she does steal the covers.
2. She shares my obsession with apple pie.
3. Maybe.Mommy.Home.
4. She is the sole culprit in my addiction to schmoogie talk. (feeedie) and my dogs hate her for it.
5. Even though we went to Temple University School of Communications together, and we knew all of the same people, the one everyone remembers is Wendi.
6. Dan's really the one who looks like Rick Astely.
7. She's officially the legal guardian if we croak whether she wants them or not.
8. Her dog Casey bit Hayley's foot.
9. The other dog peed on our brand new carpet and scratched our Pergo floor.
10. And, no, Joe, you may not sleep with Lori. If I don't get to, no one should.
11. In closing, Wendi is the only one in the family who shares my passion for fitness. In fact, she used to do ab work outs with her cat. RIP Louise Katz.
Happy Birthday...love, Gregg.
PS: Thanks for not puking on me during this year's NFL draft.

Email Marketing Yenta said...

LOLOLOLOLOL
gregg, that is priceless.GTK the K