Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm Still Here

I'm sitting outside on a beautiful evening on "Super Duper" OD....this means I'm the "on duty"staff member this evening at camp. Staying up until 1:00 am, is tough, but thankfully, my summer is peppered with only 4 "OD" nights. So I can handle this.I

Normally, OD is filled with counselors, campers, noise and socializing, but tonight,...oh my god, A SKUNK JUST WALKED BY ABOUT 15 FEET AWAY. I'M NOT FREAKING OUT. I'M NOT FREAKING OUT. OKAY I'M FREAKING OUT A LITTLE. ALL I CAN THINK OF IS THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY AND TOMATO JUICE BATHS.

I'M LITERALLY THE ONLY ONE SITTING HERE IN CENTRAL CAMP. OKAY, ME AND MY COMPUTER. AND, SERIOUSLY, I'M NOT MATURE ENOUGH FOR THIS JOB. I JUST WANT TO GO IN MY CABIN AND SNUGGLE INTO MY BED. EEEEEEEEEEEK.

Well. I don't see him anymore, but i don't know where he is. I'm just going to hope for the best.

Only 35 more minutes to sit here before i can go to bed.

I got nothing else to say. I'm just all skunked out.

xoxox

At least I posted, Wendi!!!

3 comments:

Email Marketing Yenta said...

I love my smelly shish!

Susan said...

Well don't just leave us hanging! Please reassure us this didn't end in some stinky horror!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori,

Just so you know, I saw that same skunk this morning at 3:00 A.M. while walking Roxy. I was able to distract her and duck back into our cabin before having to deal with a day-long bout of tomatoe soup baths or whatever they normally use to kill the odor. That would've also ruined Sydney's big day as Dorothy in the camp play with Roxy, er Toto by her side. She's gonna be great and I'm sure will be one of the few actors to remember their lines. You'll have to give us the play-by-play of how she and Addison did.

Gregg