Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Little R and R




I'm home for my first of two sets of off time from my camp. It's great to be at camp, but even better to be at home. Gregg and I are just chillin', which is the BEST! We slept in, had a long lunch, I got my nails done and we shopped for nothing. Aaaaah, what could be better. This kids are doing so well, and I even get hugs and kisses now and then. Being at camp is really a second home, and everyone there feels like my second family.

Here are some pics of my cabin. It's tiny and it's basic, but really, what more do I need. It only feels small when Gregg comes up with the dogs. That I can do without. (Nothing like waking up with a fatso Bichon Frise in your face).

I've also been hard at work costuming our upcoming musical "Seussical". This is one of the most exciting and satisfying parts of my job. With limited resources, I get to create the "look" of the show. Seaussical is especially interesting to me, because I have never seen a production, so I have no real preconceived notions of what it's supposed to look like.

I have a few wonderful people that I've been collaborating with on the show...a real NY actress, an aspiring fashion designer, and amazing and beautiful campers. I've been turning thrift shop finds into little costumes for the show ensemble (Addison is one of them), and each time I complete an outfit I can't help feel like a contestant on Project Runway...(my favorite show). I'm super blessed to be able to tackle such an interesting project, with no real qualifications!

I'm learning the finer points of silk-screening, rocketry and pottery, and I'm getting messy (as usual).

This is more than a job for me, it is a central and essential part of my being. I'm so lucky to be able to say that.

Come fall, I'll have to start thinking about getting a "real" job. Before working at camp, I might not have the confidence or qualifications to feel good about going on an interview, but I'm gaining both with these summer experiences.

Anyone hiring a middle aged mama who still needs her summers off? I know a little about a lot, but not a lot about anything. I'm even keeled, personable and a loyal employee. Of course, I'm not sure what I want to be when I grow up, but I'm hoping that all might magically fall into place soon.

Any-whoooo...just wanted to check in with my bloggy friends and say hello. So. HELLO!!!

xoxo

1 comment:

Email Marketing Yenta said...

You have a neater closet there then at home.
Shish